Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Lift Kit For Par Car?

Lift Kit For Par Car?

Postby Jersop » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:50 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase a lift for my '89 Par Car? Or, can a Club Car lift kit be adapted to fit? Any tips, ideas would be appreciated.
If you can dream it, you can do it! (Some help from your Maker facilitates things)
Jersop

Par car suspension

Postby lwetjet » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:12 pm

I too have a feeling that the club car might fit the par car. I will be looking into it this week at the golf cart giant store this week. they might have one complete for me to look at. Also you can use a motorcycle shock fot the rear suspension too. You can use the stock shock mounts too. now welding. You want to get a shock that is about 21" in lenght from eye to eye. this would be for a 6"lift kit.I will let you know what I find.
lwetjet

Postby shadowman » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:32 pm

i have been trying for a month to see about a lift kit for a parcar, everyone that has a lifted parcar its a homemade lift, i have talked to a half dozen Co,s that sell lift kits and no one has one for a parcar and i have also been told that no other lift will work........if you find one please let me in on it because i,m batting zero and its not from a lack of trying............. 8)
Tom
if i didn,t like it so much i wouldn,t work on them.
shadowman

parcar lift

Postby lwetjet » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:48 am

well tom I have been looking for the past 2 weeks too. I have a feeling that I might make a set sometime in the near futrure. I use to race off road in the S.C.O.R.E. series in so cal Nev, arizona. I might just get my tools out again for this toy. :roll: :roll:
lwetjet

Postby shadowman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:52 am

i need one for a 92 so if you pull the tools out don,t forget your old buddy tom here...........lol...............i can not figure out why they don,t ,make one for a parcar............................. 8)
Tom
shadowman

Odd

Postby lwetjet » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:25 am

I find it rather odd too. It is like the Par Car is the red headed stepchild. I have recieved some mail from other carters. It looks like the club car might fit. Looking at it might need to put som 12 or 10 gage strips about 1/2 thick so that the nuts and bolts fit. Also might be able to use the spindle just mount the tie rod end on the bottom of the pitmaN ARM OF THE SPINDLE. opps sorry for the caps. need to find out if the king pin is 2" wide where the upper a-arm mounts. If so we should be able to fit it. I will know in do time :D
lwetjet

Postby shadowman » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:12 pm

ok everyone, i found lift kits for parcars, beleive it or not i did........i went strait to the source, just got off the phone with their tech line and for anything 1996 or older with a 2 cycle there are a few minor mods that have to be done so the clutch,s won,t rub anything, 1996 and newer are bolt on........they only make it in a 4 inch lift.........as for prices i,m waiting for an e-mail from them with 2 different prices as yoiu can buy the kit with or without tires and wheels so all that info is coming, they are going to quote me dealer pricing so if anyone is interested after i get all the facts i will pass those savings on to you, how about that they make a lift kit for a parcar............its only took me over a month to find this out....................... :lol: .................................... 8)
Tom
shadowman

lift kit

Postby rlmobile » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:13 pm

and we are waiting
rlmobile

lift?

Postby Poppa » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Anyone know of a lift for a 82 Columbia??
Until the donkey tried to clear the fence,he thought himself a deer.
Matco tools....guaranteed for life. Unfortunately not a human lifetime.
Poppa

Postby shadowman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:51 pm

rlmobile, they didn,t give me near what i thought they would but i do have a name and a contact # for the Co. that makes the lift kits for them.....do you want it? let me know.......................................... 8)
Tom
shadowman

Postby shelroc » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:23 pm

hey guys!! hows it going? i just picked up a par car about an hour ago dont know much about it yet ecept its a two stroke im going out and looking for the year now . but im defently interested in the lift that you found . can you get me the info i need thanks.
shelroc

me to thanks

Postby butchville » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:19 am

info please thanks
butchville

Postby RAC400 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Any word on lift kit for Par Cars ????????
Yamaha G2 electric
RAC400

Postby dewey5 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:14 pm

If you find a lift kit I need one
dewey5

Postby Ironside » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 pm

Any word on lift kit for Par Cars
Ironside

Next

Return to Harley Davidson / Columbia ParCar Gas