Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Adjust the drive belt on '94 TXT EZGO gas

Moderators: BU_CartGuy, Path Maker, Keyguy, Barry Wilson, BU Employees, Mods

Adjust the drive belt on '94 TXT EZGO gas

Postby jswift17 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:18 pm

I have a 1994 TXT EZGO gas cart that squeals when the accelerator is pressed down quickly (I know, don't floor the darn thing and there is no problem). The belt seems a little too loose (more than 1/2" of deflection) and I was wondering if there is a way to tighten/adjust it? I've checked and the belt that is on the cart is the correct one. I did see a post somewhere that said you can adjust the tension using the adjusting arm on the clutch side of the engine, just behind the s/g. What exactly should I be looking for on this? I won't have the opportunity to look at this until this weekend, so it may be obvious, but I want to be as prepared as possible (also, does this apply to a '94? The post was in reference to a 2004 model).

Thanks for any help!!
jswift17

Postby TechKnight » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:25 pm

that adjusts the starter belt, not the drive belt.

if the drive belt is out of spec, it has to be replaced. there should be a thread around here that tells you what the width of the belt has to be.
TechKnight

Postby Bob-0 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:50 pm

TechKnight wrote:that adjusts the starter belt, not the drive belt.

if the drive belt is out of spec, it has to be replaced. there should be a thread around here that tells you what the width of the belt has to be.

No less than 1-1/16" wide, brand new is 1-3/16"

Bob
Commercial Pilot ASEL & AMEL; CFI-IA, AMEI
There is no level of skill so high that it cannot be overcome by sufficiently poor judgment
Bob-0

Postby jswift17 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:22 pm

Thx for the advice. The belt I currently have is the 72025 G01, but there is almost 4 inches of deflection in it (but the belt looks almost brand new).

Any suggestions on a replacement belt? I saw a post that said a Dayco HP3004 snowmobile belt will fit and is 1" shorter than the stock belt.
jswift17

Postby Bob-0 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:15 am

jswift17 wrote:Thx for the advice. The belt I currently have is the 72025 G01, but there is almost 4 inches of deflection in it (but the belt looks almost brand new).

Any suggestions on a replacement belt? I saw a post that said a Dayco HP3004 snowmobile belt will fit and is 1" shorter than the stock belt.

That is normal deflection, and a shorter belt will increase the wear on your clutches. That means you'll spend close to $400 much sooner than you would like.

There should be a lot of deflection in the belt to account for the variable distance created by the clutches moving. At full speed, if it were possible to do, you would find there is very little delfection.

Have a good one,
Bob
Commercial Pilot ASEL & AMEL; CFI-IA, AMEI
There is no level of skill so high that it cannot be overcome by sufficiently poor judgment
Bob-0

Return to EZGO Gas