Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

EZGO versus Club Car

EZGO versus Club Car

Postby otgmom » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:13 pm

Are there any specific benefits that one brand offers over another? Is one brand particularly suited towards a certain type of user? I'm in the market for a cart for personal use.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
otgmom

Postby Easygoworkhorse » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:46 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
Where I live ez-goes are prefferd because we dont have to worry about frame rust around here. But in my experiance the ezgo engines are not the greatest but I assume you're looking for an electric cart. Another thing I have noticed with my ezgoes is they have a poor steering setup and they will develop a ton of play over time. The suspension on a club car is a lot smoother than an ezgo, IMHO. I have driven a club car many times before and liked it a lot.

I'm an ez-go guy crossing over to the club car side! :lol:
......_______
...u[_______]u
....'(OIIIIIIIO)'
...'__o===o__'
[]===O==[]
Easygoworkhorse

Postby wheelchairman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:54 pm

well i have ridden many ezgo and club car carts having lived on a coarse for 3 years. One buddy had a club car 48v the other had a 48v ezgo. The club car was about 3mph faster and as workhorse said ezgos are junk and have lots of play
no replacement for displacment

05 pro hauler 1000 with mods *STOLEN*

08 Ranger 700efi milemarker winch, camo'd
wheelchairman

Postby jjipsc » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:15 pm

I personally am an EZ-GO fan, but the above comments about the steering are unfortunately true. I disagree with the ride comment. Club Cars and much more rigid and bounce around alot. I do like the aluminum frame of the Club Car. I wish EZ-GO had one.
jjipsc

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Let's start with what you want to do with this cart. What is your goal? :wink:
Good Judgment comes from Experience and Experience from Bad Judgment.
Nate
Forum Moderator

EZGO versus Club Car

Postby otgmom » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:50 pm

I'm planning on using it to drive around a golf course community. It will serve as a replacement for the second car that I got rid of. I'm going to get a 4-seater so at times it will be a full ride with adults and kids all hitching a ride. BTW, is getting a "lifted" cart worth the extra expense? What's the benefit?

The above comments have been very helpful.

Thanks!
otgmom

Postby wheelchairman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:36 pm

being in a golf community i would say dont lift it. people lift a cart to put big mud tires ojn it but obviously you wouldnt want mudders
no replacement for displacment

05 pro hauler 1000 with mods *STOLEN*

08 Ranger 700efi milemarker winch, camo'd
wheelchairman

Postby zoocrew » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:18 pm

Hi otgmom! Great minds think alike, :lol: I recently purchased a Club Car to use as my getting around the neighborhood vehicle. (I also live in a golf community but don't golf) Mine is a 2001 Reconditioned 4-passenger, regen and I just love it. I will say though, that although it is faster than alot of the carts around here, it does rattle your bones when you hit bumps, divits, etc in the road.
Zoocrew
zoocrew

Postby sidvicious » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:40 pm

most folks i know, if given the choice, would go with the club if possible. ezgo isn't a bad car, but the club is better, at least that is the opinion i get, and i'm new to the cart game. prior to buying, however, i asked around alot.

i also have an "insider" adviser, much like some of the guys on this site. my guy is in the utility car business; forklifts, carts, etc. he sells high volume and deals in all brands, new and used.

money is the only thing that matters to him. he told me that the club is by far the better car, compared to the ezgo. he trades volumes in new and used. when buying used fleets, he says that the clubs are always in better shape compared to similarly used ezgo.
sidvicious

Postby Bamawells » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:29 pm

I would say go with a club car. They will last longer and yes you can still lift the cart and install 23x10.5X12 Turf Tires on the cart for street and golf course driving. So many options if you have and open check book. :shock: :twisted:

There is so much you can do with a Club Car. I just like the setup and quality you get with Club Car. Yamaha would be my second choice of carts. Then EZGO being third on my list.

BTW, This is just my thoughts and opinions.
Bamawells

Thanks for the great feedback

Postby otgmom » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:34 pm

The comments here are great and they're exactly what I needed. I've decided to go with a 4-seater reconditioned Club Car. Thanks!
otgmom

Return to Club Car Electric