Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

cc caroche parts

cc caroche parts

Postby biljen » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:21 pm

I just bought a house in the country on four acres and the house came with an old golf cart. it is a club car caroche. I'm assuming it is between '74 and '80. I understand that the tag is supposed to be under the seat on a support of some kind by the batteries, but the whole support piece is gone along with the tag. My problem is that the cart needs a little work and I'm needing to know where to get the parts I need. The cart runs great, but my oldest boy (12 yrs old) thinks its a four-wheeler. Now the front leaf spring is broken. I welded it back together, but I'm sure this is not going to last and I'd like to get a new one ordered. The second problem is that there are no brakes. The previous owner told me that the master cylinder was bad. This seems to be the likely problem since the brake pedal is flat to the floorboard. It is hooked to the master cylinder, but even when I pull it back manually, it still just falls back to the floor. This cart does not have the mercury brake system on it, which is what leads me to believe it is not a pre-'74 model. It seems like all the springs i've found on different golf cart parts web sites, the front springs start from model year '81. This is after they quit making the caroche. Does anyone know what the actual part number for the front spring would be?. This is my first golf cart and I'd appreciate any info I could get about it. also, is there any other place on the cart I could find some numbers to tell me the year?
Thanks for any help
Bill
biljen

Postby Keyguy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:32 pm

biljen,
Welcome to the forum! :D
I'm on my second "caroche". :wink:
This may help......
Club Car 1975-1980

A 1979 Club Car

This is the Club Car body style used from 1975 through 1979. The early cars had bucket seats but later a bench bottom with individual backs was used (see picture).
The car features a 36 volt electric drive train (6 batteries) and 4 speed control microswitches mounted under the center cupholder cutout in the dash. The microswitches control the five solenoids located just behind the battery pack under the seat.
It has two brake pedals: One to stop the car, which is a hydraulic system with a master cylinder under the dash and a wheel cylinder in each rear wheel. The other brake pedal is the hill brake, located to the extreme left side of the pedal custer, used to park the car on a slope. The hill brake is a cable activated system.
The motor is usually a BALDOR or GE brand and is mounted in line with the Terrell differential. The chassis is all aluminum.
The car is pictured here with the "factory" top. Rain curtains are still available, as are most repair parts. Folddown windshields, replacement or new tops and body parts are history.

Call BU. They don't list much for 75-80 but that doesn't mean they don't have or can't get it. :wink:
1-888-444-9994.
Jimmy B.
Super 8 Rat Pack member

2nd ANNUAL BONANZA CLOCK
"The only stupid question is one not asked."
1996 CC-Gasser-WILD THING
Lift, BearClaw's w/22's
Fender flairs, Diamond rockers
Front brakes
Roll cage
670cc V-Twin, HS gears
Keyguy
Site Admin

Postby biljen » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:19 pm

Thanks,
My cart looks just like that one, minus the top. The frame is still there, but it gets kind of windy in the country, and the top was history before I got the cart. I also don't have a windshield, but that's not a problem. Mine must be a little older, as my cart has the two bucket seats. It still has all the "caroche" emblems. The fiberglass up front has seen it's better days, but it's nothing that's not fixable. I need to pull my drums on the back and check out the shoes and wheel cylinders before I give BU a call. It's probably best just to check over the whole system and get what I need all at once. Brakes are important the way my oldest drives. Thanks for the info about the cart.
Bill
biljen

Postby biljen » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 pm

Would the caroche be a resistor cart? Hope that's not a stupid question.
biljen

Postby Keyguy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:49 pm

biljen,
Yes it is resistor. :wink:
Jimmy B.
Super 8 Rat Pack member

2nd ANNUAL BONANZA CLOCK
"The only stupid question is one not asked."
1996 CC-Gasser-WILD THING
Lift, BearClaw's w/22's
Fender flairs, Diamond rockers
Front brakes
Roll cage
670cc V-Twin, HS gears
Keyguy
Site Admin

Postby Cartfixer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:20 pm

Make sure you want to put money in this cart. It could become a big money pit, and after spending a few hundred bucks you still have a cart this is not so great.
Cartfixer

Postby wheelchairman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:07 pm

CARTFIXER TAKE THAT BACK :evil: I would rather have a caroche than any ezgo. I put that thang through hell and the only thing that ever broke was the front leaf and the master solinoid fried. It had big bumpers on front and back none of thes plastic ones like todays carts this bumper was like 1/2 thick solid steel.
one time the gas stuck and this is when i had no brakes and i bailed it hit a tree goin 15 but it hit the bumpers i went up to it put it in reverse and drove it home that happened multiple times. my friend did a very similar thing on hs 98ezgo that costed him 600 bucks.

ok back to the post i vented a lil much sorry :oops:

ok i owned a club car caroche early 1973 model see they changed the wheelcylinders half way through 1973. Those seats are not factory if they are bucket seats. Just ask me questions about the cart because having owned one for 5 years and totally restored it. basically the only thing i didnt have to change was the frame, motor and resistor coils and the seats were in great shape. along with the body it was all intact. Ive been through it all on the caroche carts
no replacement for displacment

05 pro hauler 1000 with mods *STOLEN*

08 Ranger 700efi milemarker winch, camo'd
wheelchairman

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:30 am

Cartfixer is just saying these older carts have some short comings that could snag an unsuspected buyer if they were not prepared to deal with them. I have the same type of cart myself but I have had to do many custom mods to get it to perform like it does. Someone could end up dropping as much cash into one of these as it would cost to just buy a newer model. Some folks have no desire to do all the work so they are money ahead to buy a newer working cart for more money up front. :wink:
Good Judgment comes from Experience and Experience from Bad Judgment.
Nate
Forum Moderator

Postby wheelchairman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:37 am

its definitly not easily customized but it is a very dependable cart if you can get the brakes working. my 1973 couldjust about keep up with a ezgo

wheelchairman

Postby Easygoworkhorse » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:43 am

Who needs brakes anyway? :lol: 8) Isnt that what your foot is for? :lol: :lol: 8)
......_______
...u[_______]u
....'(OIIIIIIIO)'
...'__o===o__'
[]===O==[]
Easygoworkhorse

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:46 am

I have reason's why I chose this cart, I like it and it performes very well but not everyone has the same application and that's why they need to tell us what they want the cart for when choosing a cart.
Good Judgment comes from Experience and Experience from Bad Judgment.
Nate
Forum Moderator

Postby wheelchairman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:51 am

i drove it 2 or 3years without brakes yes years as my daily driver cart. I have only had to bail twice and curb it a few times to getstopped for downhill stopsigns with on coming traffic :lol: :lol: :lol: yea that car called the cops :shock: :? another time on the same hill i had a wrangler comin and a buick behind me so of coarse i couldnt stop so i just gunned it to try and beat thejeep i took that turn going about 25 (big downhill) got a great fishtail(bald tires) thejeep later passed me andflipped me off as he passed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lots of great memories in that cart :cry: :cry: :cry:

wheelchairman

Postby Cartfixer » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:52 am

wheelchairman wrote:if you can get the brakes working.

Theres my point.

Also a newer cart is more refined, those old club cars ride like a truck. The last thing a owner want to do is continue to upgrade a cart. The brakes on those cars suck. Trust me I know, I cut my teeth on a entire fleet. Also later model years had the bucket seats, 1978-79
Cartfixer

Return to Club Car Electric