Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Bolt on 4x4 kit

Moderators: BU_CartGuy, Path Maker, Keyguy, Barry Wilson, BU Employees, Mods

Bolt on 4x4 kit

Postby PETEY1 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:54 am

Anyone try one of these kits. Made by Imaginative Manufacturing. I saw a ad in the new Cart Wheelin mag. It looks like some of the parts are from a 4 wheeler which means they should hold up. I just wonder what it does to run time and how it rides. I did a search and only found one person who tried it.
PETEY1

Postby WALKNTALL » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:43 am

The run time will be reduced a bit, if nothing else due to the bigger motor that comes with it. Its not a full time 4x4, on the fly shifting. They make a bunch of atv stuff also, so I'm sure they just incorporated it to a cart. They have front disk brakes for that front end as well. But you have to do some fabing to get it to work. I've been thinking about trying their gas setup with a v-twin.

Frank
WALKNTALL

Postby ruredy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:58 am

Frank, I always wanted to see a 4x4 workhorse. :wink: You could name it the rhino hunter.
Jon
ruredy

Postby ryanholt » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:23 pm

I have shipped them my rearend and a check. I am putting the 4x4 kit on my 93 CC project. i am dropping in the 24hp Honda as well. I'll let you know how it goes. The guys up there have been very informative during my research phase.
The best way to make a small fortune is to start with a large fortune and buy a cart!
24" Alltrail II's
ryanholt

Return to The hottest new trend...Lifted Off-Road Golf Carts!