Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Throw that suzuki motor away

Postby krain723 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:09 pm

I posted awhile back that i was giving up on my suzuki 270g due to cost of repair. Am i ever glad i did. I have just finished installing a 12 horse 357cc kohler command pro ohv. The engine bolted right in and after a fair amount of fabricating it is now running better than i ever expected. This cart went from a meek performer to a power house. I havent clocked it yet but im estimating between 25 and 30 mph. It is capable of serious gravel burnouts, 180's, donuts, and power slides. Time to beef up the suspension...lol. I am beginning on the cosmetic portion of the project and will post pictures soon. For those with junk 270 g's id be happy to answer any questions on how to do this.
krain723

Postby Short Circuit » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 pm

Sounds like a pretty good swap.
Does the stock primary clutch bolt up or did you have to go to an aftermarket one ??

Mark
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever

http://usera.imagecave.com/short/
Short Circuit

Postby krain723 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Yes the stock clutch from the suzuki engine bolted to the kohler. I had to use a longer blot but it meshed well. Being wider i also had to shim the rear cluth pully over about an inch and a half , but that was easy.
krain723

cdi box

Postby marcus t » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 am

looking for cdi box for suzuki v270g motor
marcus t

Postby ramtuff » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:06 am

I junked my suzuki 8.5 and installed a skidoo rotax 380 it does 50+mph with lots of torque to climb hills and pull a big trailer. Way better than the crap that was in it.
ramtuff

Postby bhawk » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:08 am

I sure would like more details on the engine swap. I have a hyundai gas and it smokes bad.. but runs great.. lol
Where did you get the Kohler motor? I have seen kohlers in lawn mowers in fact my craftsman has a 27 hp kohler in it, but the shaft is wrong for a swap into the hyundai.
This past week I saw at Tractor Supply a real nice cart with a honda motor in it. Maybe a honda would work.

BRISTER'S 13 H. P. , 4WD TRAIL WAGON UTILITY VEHICLE
This is what the Tractor Supply ad says: 390cc Honda industrial engine. Full suspension 4-wheel drive. Dana/Spicer oil filled transaxle. Hilliard auto locking front differential
I think the cost is US $6900. too much for me.. lol
Thanks for you help.

Bill in California..
bhawk

Postby tinman41 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:24 pm

ramtuff, would like to hear details and see pics of your swap if possible.
We have a Hyundai minus the Suzuki 8.5 and are looking to repower. I am in S.E.MI and cart is in NC. I pm'd you also Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
tinman41

Postby Goat53 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:02 am

Hi all I am new to this board .
have a couple of ezgo's sparky's and am going this weekend to pick up a hyundai ,, first order of busisness with it is to strip out the engine and go to a briggs ,,, nice to hear of others doing it with good luck .
"The man who would give up freedom for security will know neither" John Addams
Goat53

Attention Hyundites: Continue to Post here please

Postby Boris » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:50 am

Can we keep this specific thread or topic going? ..... Mainly Hyundai Topics. I just got a 91 model last weekend and I'd like to bounce stuff off of the people that have done something with these jewels.

Not limited to Hyundai guys mind you, just somewhere to go so we don't have to use the searck option to find ourselves
Boris

Postby tinman41 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 am

Suzuki 8.5 is the best cart engine ever!

APRIL FOOLS!

Check post date. :lol:
tinman41

Postby Boris » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:51 pm

FYI, Arctic Cat uses Suzuki engines for their generators. There is one model they have that uses virtually same engine that was used in the Hyundai, AC-1500 is the engine.

This tidbit of info given to me by a desk-jockey shortly before telling me to use my Hyundai as a boat anchor ....... or a lawn ornament. They weren't worth the time and expense to mess with one of them.

Well this week: Cut unnecessary tabs off of the swing-arm flipped the axle tubes to the top. Finally got my 8 1/2 lift w/Bilsteins ..... got my tires and wheels last Friday Installed my brake assemblies and hubs today ....... the Comet 94c clutch is on the way. This weekend, after getting back from Ft Myers, the mock-up and dialing in all these parts begin. :D :D :D This is fixin to get good. :twisted: YEAH!
Boris

Postby Short Circuit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:25 pm

Don't forget the pictures !!!!!!!!

Mark
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever

http://usera.imagecave.com/short/
Short Circuit

Just a Hyundai teaser ....... and a question

Postby Boris » Mon May 12, 2008 9:22 am

Here's just a teaser pic to let all see the progress so far. I'll fill in the specifics soon ..... and more pics.

peace-

Image :D

Has anyone changed their carb to something that can add a little more uuumph? I used to run a mickey-rooney (38mm mikuni) on my Shovelhead and was wondering if anyone has put one of these or something like this on their carts. Plus I HATE these sounding like a lawnmower.
Boris

Postby teamkingsley » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:58 am

I'm looking for a rocker arm for the 270 Suzuki engine. I have some other parts for Hyundai carts. email bill@teamkingsley.com
teamkingsley

Return to Other Manufacturers Gas