Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Star Cart Charger Humming?

Moderators: BU_CartGuy, Path Maker, Keyguy, Barry Wilson, BU Employees, Mods

Star Cart Charger Humming?

Postby rangersam » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 am

Hello: I have a 2010 Star Golf Cart, 48 Volt. I'm using the charger that came with it, Eagle Performace Model 4815. Usually when I plug it in the lights do their thing and I can hear the fan start on the charger and all is fine. The other day I noticed it was humming, still running, but for the heck of it I moved it to see if it was on something that was making it hum. It wasn't sitting awkward, but I noticed it was warm on the top and VERY hot on the underside. I've never had any reason to touch the charger before while running, but is it always VERY HOT on the underside? Even with the hum, it did charge and last time I plugged it in, worked quietly. I did have it hum a few other times. Should I be concerned about the humming and is it normal to be really HOT on the bottom? Thanks, RS

I went on "Pro Charging Systems" web site where I purchased the charger and under their Tech Service, I was able to email these questions to them. To my surprise I received a phone call from the tech within 2 hours explaining to me that the humming was from the bars/posts/transformer (can't remember for sure) that are just a little loose causing it to hum and it only does it sometimes. If it gets worse I can call them back for further assistance. He explained that the chargers do get HOT, but it should work just fine and it does. I believe what he was saying, also went over the warranty with me if needed and I felt very taken care of. Not too many companies with that Customer Service these days. RS
rangersam

Re: Star Cart Charger Humming?

Postby rangersam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 am

Any ideas here? I'm plugging Star car in, .the two bottom lights start as usual, fans kicks in, hums as usual but doesn't seem to do anything to the batteries now? Thanks
rangersam

Re: Star Cart Charger Humming?

Postby CARTFIXER1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:07 am

glad to hear you have a good experience with their customer service- you need to call them and see what they say about fixing your charger. The sad news is that charger is not very good so you need to decide if you want to fix what you have or just buy a good charger.
Owner-CARTFIXER in the Villages Florida. Want your golf car fixed correctly- have a golf car mechanic work on it.
CARTFIXER1

Return to Other Manufacturers Electric