Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Colombia Par car

Moderators: BU_CartGuy, Path Maker, Keyguy, Barry Wilson, BU Employees, Mods

Colombia Par car

Postby TonesC5 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Just purchased this colombia par car ,not sure of the exact year (maybe someone knows where the year is located on the kart) IT came with a new throttle cable , i got the thing running just dont have the old throttle cable so no idea how to hook it up (where is the linkage etc) ANYONE WITH INFO (PICTURES WOULD BE GREAT AND EVEN WIRING DIAGRAMS WOULD BE NICE TOO ,

tHANKS FOR ANY HELP
TonesC5

Re: Colombia Par car

Postby 73Eldo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:24 pm

If it says par car on it its likely a later 80's or newer. The earlier 80's ones said Harley on them (not AMF harley like the 70's). I know little about that vintage and dont know if I have ever looked close at one. Typically on golf carts the throttle on the carb is sprung to open so it takes the pedal or governor to pull it shut. THe pedal itself has a spring on it to return it to the normal position. Both cables are not attached directly to the lever. They either have a hook or a stop on them that allows them to float so which ever cable is more closed wins and the other one just floats. The cable end on the pedal usually has a fairly complex heavy shaft that slides into the housing and then it turns to a more normal looking cable except its solid vs. stranded like the gov. The engine end does not have anything special.
82 HD gas 3w w/wheel
7? HD gas 4w both with HEI ignition
Im not and addict, I can quit (buying carts) when ever I want ! HELP!!
73Eldo

Re: Colombia Par car

Postby lotsa luck » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 am

I just posted a diagram of an '84-'85 Walbro carb used on the Harley carts in the thread titled 83 Walbro Carb Settings. The throttle cable hooks to the lever listed as #16 and it goes into the long slot. There should be a clamp which holds the throttle cable and along with the choke cable clamp is bolted to a bracket near the carb. Hope this helps.

lotsa luck
lotsa luck

Return to Harley Davidson / Columbia ParCar Gas