Okay, maybe my cart picked a time when all the experts were on vacation, but I think I have it fixed. I took my charged battery back to camp and put it in the cart. I decided to clean the wires to see if I could identify one coming from the starter/generator and test it's voltage while on high idle. I used a soft wet scrub brush (wires had a lot of dirt and crud on them). Some people may wish to use air compressor. Anyway, during this process I found a wire coming from the generator with a female connector unplugged. After a little more cleaning I found another wire (same color) with a male connector. Yup, I plugged the two wires together and then tested the battery on high idle. It was charging at 14.3 volts. Problem fixed I think!