Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Yamaha G22 Electric Problem

Moderators: BU_CartGuy, Path Maker, Keyguy, Barry Wilson, BU Employees, Mods

Yamaha G22 Electric Problem

Postby pjmia96 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:45 am

I've been having a problem with my Yamaha G22 electric golf cart for almost a year now. First it would run and slow down and sometimes I would be able to floor it and it would buck and get up to speed and it would stop so when it would would randomly stop I would flip the tow/run switch up and down and put it back on run and it would run fine for a while.Then it would only run in reverse if I flipped the tow switch up and down.then it would just click and not move.we replaced the controller with a general electric control that works with G22s.The solenoid tests good.One month back when it would suddenly die the BRAND NEW Batteries died and it came to a dead stop but when we towed it we did not flip the switch on tow,we had it on run when towing.Every terminal on the solenoid tests 50 volts when you turn the key on or off or push the gas it wont decrease or increase.When the switch is on Tow it drops down to 2 volts.PLEASE Help Ive been dealing with this since the beginning of last august.We also replaced the accelerator stop switch.as I have said before New Batteries, Solenoid is good,new General electric controller comparable with my G19,We also replaced the accelerator stop switch.
So long story short it clicks but wont move and we have replaced the parts above all that's left is the motor. Could I have fried the motor Towing in run backwards, on completely dead batteries. This is a 2002 Yamaha, The Drive G22 Electric Golf Cart

Matt.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :?
pjmia96

Re: Yamaha G22 Electric Problem

Postby dougmcp » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 pm

You may have fried the motor and/or the controller.
Here's a motor test to see if your motor is still OK: http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.php? ... ller_shunt
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue, I'd rather be the pigeon!
dougmcp

Postby egyptian » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:07 pm

it might be worth checking the pedal potentiometer ive seem them fail in the simalar fashion & or the wires may have come out of the plugs as they tend to hang down & get caught on branches. the switch is is in the little black box beside the pedal assembley
egyptian

Postby pjmia96 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:13 pm

I have already checked the pot box out and it is OK. I Will test the motor when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Matt
pjmia96

Postby FCB1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi,

Had the same problem with an 07 G22 electric. It would run great and than stop. All solonoids were good, controller was good. Had the motor removed and the motor was bad. This is after I had batteries replaced 9 months ago. Had it at a repair shop when it wouldn't ru. Mechanic got in and it almost it ran went through the wall. The cart could be possessed. It seems that Yamaha electric carts do not like hills which I live on. I wouldn't buy another electric Yamaha as I had previous electric problems with the car since it was new. The Yamaha dealer told me to put it into the tow mode when I charge it (Say What). This was to prevent the on off switch from going bad for the fourth time. I think Yamaha has problems with their later model 48v electric cars but won't admit it. I will never buy another Yamaha because my warranty center is 125 miles away (one way Sun City AZ) and if it is under warranty they demand that you bring it to them for repair.

Hope this helps
FCB1

Return to Yamaha Electric