Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

1995 36v EZGO solenoid clicks but cart will not go?

1995 36v EZGO solenoid clicks but cart will not go?

Postby jhabisch2000 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:04 pm

The Cart ran fine and then stopped working after the kids were driving it for most of the day. I have been all over checking the forums and running test. Here is what I know:

36volt – Batteries are charged!

F/R switch is under leg

When I press the go pedal, I can hear the solenoid click- (just once not all the time).

The micro switch under floor mat has continuity.

ITS micro switch – checked out ok!

Reverse buzzer works – After bypassed bad reed switch!

I have jumped the solenoid by using a 6 ga wire and connecting ONLY the two large terminals – Nothing happens.

I have jumped B- and M- and nothing happens!

Motor Turns - I have completed the motor test - Put a jumper wire from a "A" terminal to an "S" terminal. (Example: A1 to S1)...Then touched the A2 and S2 to the 36volt batteries. It turned not real fast.

After motor test, hooked everything up, with by passed reed switch, step on go pedal and everything was fine. Lowered cart and drove about 50 feet and it died again! Rechecked everything…including Motor test….all check out. Any Ideas.
jhabisch2000

Re: 1995 36v EZGO solenoid clicks but cart will not go?

Postby caddiemaster » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Check the F/R switch for continuity at contacts, any loose wires or studs, evidence of heat?

When you bypassed the controller did you have the solenoid jumped also?

First you have to get the solenoid to click each time.
caddiemaster

Postby jhabisch2000 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:12 am

The F/R switch does have continuity at contacts. It has full voltage (37)at the contacts and when I switch from forward to reverse, one does go to zero. I did notice that the horn will sound in F N R until I press the go pedal in F and the solenoid clicks in. With the key off it will sound short beeps until I switch to tow. It must be an aftermarket switch - it is small with small wires going to solenoid.

I did not have the solenoid jumped when I bypassed the controller? The solenoid will click each time I switch from F to R or R to F or from Tow to F, etc. Is that what you mean?

Here are some pics~
Controller.jpg
Controller.jpg
Controller.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhabisch2000

Postby caddiemaster » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:28 am

That is one old DCS cart. Send me an email and I will forward a trouble shooting guide for that system.

Double check your battery wires,

Does cart charge ok?

John
caddiemaster

Postby jhabisch2000 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:27 am

Replaced the solenoid, it still only clicks. I ran all DCS Troubleshooting Sequence per Manual you sent me. Everything checks out! The only thing I notice is that the warning buzzer beeps rapidly after the 'Run' position is selected on the Run/Tow. It says the beeping indicates incorrect wiring, however, it did this prior to me switching out the solenoid as well. I thought it was doing this because of the bad/stuck open solenod. The only wiring that was change after the cart stop working is the reed switch, I bypassed it (twisted together) because the glass was broke! The voltage reading on F1 & F2 jumps all over when I switch it from Tow to run (while the is rapid beeping is sounding), if I engage the gas pedal and the solenoid clicks it stays around 8 volts on F1 & F2. Is there a voltage reading for F1 & F2? I did run the low voltage motor check again and was unable to get the motor to spin now. The cart still charges fine! What am I missing? Bad Motor the cause for the rapid beeping?
jhabisch2000

Postby caddiemaster » Tue May 04, 2010 6:59 am

What are battery individual voltages? What is pack voltage? List those when at rest and then as you press the pedal and try to g.

Have you removed and cleaned all battery terminals?

Have you visually inspected interior of motor paying attention to the field coil connection at the motor terminal studs?
caddiemaster

Postby jhabisch2000 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 am

Total Batteries - 37.8
Individual Batt - all 6.3 - No change when I press pedal

All connections have been cleaned and checked.

I have not inspected the inside of the motor. How do I do it and what would I look for?
jhabisch2000

Return to EZGO Electric