Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Street Legal Windshield - AS1 or AS5

Postby fisherofman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm

at the DMV, they have inspectors.
Life's only law:
If something can go wrong, it will.
fisherofman

Postby Notanotherhonda » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 pm

if a cop asks to speed test you, tell him your batteries are almost dead. thats why its so slow
Notanotherhonda

Postby Tin Star » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

The DMV inspectors (officers) will not check for speed. They are looking for receipts though that indicate what you have done to bring the cart into standards.

Our DMV inspection station is next to a drivers license office, They inspect rebuilt cars (salvage) etc. There is no annual state safety inspection in Florida.

I don't think any street officer is going to check your cart for speed. What he will do if you are not capable of the 20 to 25 mph and he catches you doing 12 MPH in a 35 with cars behind you is issue you a citation for impeding traffic (low battery story or not).

You have already sworn in an official document that the cart is capable of the proper speed.
EZGO 2006 Sport 2+2. 48 volts powers the Beast w/650 Alltrax, 4ga wiring, 6:1 gearing, 23 inch AllTrails, top lowered 2" for garage door __ Florida Street Legal
Tin Star

Postby fisherofman » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:50 pm

...my problem would be going over 25mph, then what do i say?
Life's only law:
If something can go wrong, it will.
fisherofman

Re: Street Legal Windshield - AS1 or AS5

Postby vickerstam » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Florida now requires the windsheild for a LSV to be AS1 - AS4 composition, the A5 is no longer inclueded. So where do i find a AS4 windsheild??
I have a 1990 Club Car DS that I am converting to a LSV, it currently has the split windsheild on it and i do not know what the rating is on it.
In reviewing the windsheild it has been marked with 03/05, i belive that is the year the golf course replaced the windsheild. does any one know what the standard rating is for the flip dow/split windsheilds are?
vickerstam

Postby rm2077 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:19 pm

vickerstam wrote:Florida now requires the windsheild for a LSV to be AS1 - AS4 composition, the A5 is no longer inclueded. So where do i find a AS4 windsheild??
I have a 1990 Club Car DS that I am converting to a LSV, it currently has the split windsheild on it and i do not know what the rating is on it.
In reviewing the windsheild it has been marked with 03/05, i belive that is the year the golf course replaced the windsheild. does any one know what the standard rating is for the flip dow/split windsheilds are?

One option would be to buy an AS5 windshield and take a dremel and etch AS4 into the window. Not recommending this just saying it is an option. My window says AS5 on it and they did not have any problem with it last year. I believe that change was in affect at the time so either they did not know or care? I know they never mentioned it or even looked.

From my experience all they are looking for is very complete accurate paperwork. This seemed to be more important than the vehicle inspection itself at least from my experience with FL DMV. When they inspected my cart it was more of a quick walk around. They verified turn signals and horn because they were easy to reach while the cart was on the trailer but that was about it. They did ask how much it cost me and said they bet it was fun to drive :)

Bob
2003 EX-GO TXT 48V W/ Custom painted Decker Body
EMP 2 Speed Motor LR5.4 Banded & Vented
Alltrax 4865 650 Amp w/ 800A HD Solenoid
Alpine and JL Audio Sound System
Custome hitch
6" Jakes Spindle Lift 12" Rattlesnake rims 23" tires
rm2077

Postby vickerstam » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks Bob, do the even make AS4 windsheilds? haven't found anything about them.
vickerstam

Postby rm2077 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:40 pm

vickerstam wrote:Thanks Bob, do the even make AS4 windsheilds? haven't found anything about them.

I was not able to find one. I guess for enough money anything can be made but are you realy going to be that much safer behind a AS4 window to justify the cost of having one made??

or if you got some time and this rule does stick in FL i am sure someone will be selling them online in the future.
2003 EX-GO TXT 48V W/ Custom painted Decker Body
EMP 2 Speed Motor LR5.4 Banded & Vented
Alltrax 4865 650 Amp w/ 800A HD Solenoid
Alpine and JL Audio Sound System
Custome hitch
6" Jakes Spindle Lift 12" Rattlesnake rims 23" tires
rm2077

Postby mapricejr » Tue May 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Three carts done here in central fla, no worries, any windshield will be finle cause they don't check.
2002 Club Car DS IQ...12" Venom wheels
mapricejr

Re: Street Legal Windshield - AS1 or AS5 -- recall on AS5

Postby vickerstam » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I got my cart Street legal (tallahassee florida) last month and they just checked to make sure I had a windshild wiper, I went with a hand crank on my club car factor split windsheild. Last week I inquired about a one pice AS5 windsheild and the folks at c & c customs inc, told they did not have any instock because there has been a recal on the as5 windshilds.
vickerstam

Previous

Return to EZGO Electric