Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

new batteries, Fresno area

new batteries, Fresno area

Postby farm_cart » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:15 pm

I read some posts about Sam's Club having the Trojan 105's at $50 each. We have WalMart here (no batteries) and Costco, the cheapest I can find is my local golf cart guy at $70 each. The Trojan master distributor is at $89.95 (he gave me a 6 battery discount even).

Any ideas?

John
farm_cart

Postby NormS » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:32 pm

I use golf cart batteries from NAPA auto supply. I've had good luck with them. They have two different priced batteries. One lists for about $90 and the other for about $65. I use the cheaper ones. I put a set in an older EZ-GO that I used on my ranch. When I sold the ranch, I sold the cart to a friend who also uses it on his acreage and is not known for giving the cart a lot of TLC. Those batteries are still going strong.

In my area, NAPA offers a senior discount or AAA discount which brings the price of the less expensive batteries down under $60. You might want to check them out in your area. The only thing is that they don't have them in stock so they will have to order them which usually takes less than a week.

Hope this helps.

Norm.
NormS

Re: new batteries, Fresno area

Postby enic21 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:09 pm

farm_cart wrote:I read some posts about Sam's Club having the Trojan 105's at $50 each. We have WalMart here (no batteries) and Costco, the cheapest I can find is my local golf cart guy at $70 each. The Trojan master distributor is at $89.95 (he gave me a 6 battery discount even).

Any ideas?

John

it wasn't trojans from sams club for $50, i think it was exide. WalMart didn't have any golf cart batteries or they didn't have trojans?
enic21

Postby farm_cart » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:30 pm

I checked WalMart's web site and didn't find any batteries listed. Maybe I need to go there in person.

Napa may be an option--but for only a $5 savings I will get the Trojan's for $70.

Now I do like the Autozone batteries, but not sure if they carry a deep 6.

John
farm_cart

Postby caddiemaster » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:06 pm

I have not seen golf cart batteries at Auto Zone, and not at Wal-Mart lately either, and most Sam's have Exide 3600, and some have Interstate. I like Trojan T105, I think they are a great battery, and with the 2 price increases lately $70.00 is not that bad. But the Sam's price that some people have been getting batteries for is the lowest I have seen for a while. I have priced NAPA batteries and at the local store the NAPA brand is the Exide battery, labeled for them, do some checking before you get the NAPA battery, if the $65.00 battery is the Exide 3600, that battery can be found cheaper.
caddiemaster

Return to EZGO Electric