Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Cowl and rear body removal

Cowl and rear body removal

Postby toolmaker46 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 am

Hello everyone, I am a new Club car owner: Gas,2002 model. Thanks for all the information on here! I have a question that may sound simple to the pro's but here it goes. Can anyone tell me the best procedure for removing the front cowl? I have a roof and the front support seam's to be bolted down thru it so I am wondering if I would be better off to remove the entire roof first? Also thinking of removing the rear body as well...just to give it the frame and components under there a good cleaning and inspection and for something to do for a winter project. Is the removal of these pieces very difficult. Thank you.
toolmaker46

Re: Cowl and rear body removal

Postby joe100 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Welcome to this forum it's great I go on it every day. i have an 85 CC Ds I proped the front of the top up with a piece of would to remove just the front but if your taking off the back then you'd be better off just taking it all off. The only tough part of taking the front off are the small screws 3.or more on each side, if they'er corroded? When I took my front and rear off I actually Polished the frame to a mirror finish and it's still looking like better then new. good luck with your project JOE
The Golden Years Doctors and Drug Stores
joe100

Postby Hill Country Hunter » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Check the "Resource" forum and then select "Club Car 1984 to 2005 Assembly Diagrams" topic. You will find your cart in the bottom section of diagrams. I used them to disassemble my 2004 CC DS. I got a box of zip loc bags and put each set of screws/bolts/washers/nuts/fasteners for the different sections along with a label inside a bag.
You will definately want to take the top off. I left the top attached to the frame and just removed it as a unit.
2007 Club Car DS - Gas
BU 8" A-Arm Lift, 25" Carlisle 489's

2004 Club Car DS - Gas - Ike Rebuild
BU 6" A-Arm Lift, 22" tires

Hill Country Hunter
Sugar Land, TX
Hill Country Hunter

Postby toolmaker46 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks Guy's..I agree this forum is great , it has a wealth of information. I did get the cowl off today... removed the whole top first.. The front end suspension and steering is just like a miniature automobile right down to the steering rack and shock absorbers..awesome. Thanks for the tips.
toolmaker46

Return to Club Car Gas