Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

96 Club Car jerks

96 Club Car jerks

Postby Weeber » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 pm

I have a 96 48 Volt cart that jerks (loses power intermittently,then regains it). It runs OK on pavement but as soon as I hit any bumps it will jerk. I have load tested my new batteries (jacked up cart and tested each one for voltage drops, all within .01 V of each other, while depressing throttle). I have removed and cleaned every connection, bats, motor,solenoid, controller. I removed the potentiometer and found the big black wire had a wear spot on the protective covering, thought I had it fixed but I was wrong. Tested micro switch in potentiometer for continuity while shaking it(simulating bumps.... I'm desperate) and it was fine. Being that rough terrain seems to trigger this issue I keep thinking its a wire or something. When I had the cart jacked up I tapped on the controller to try and trigger the jerking but couldn't, any help would be greatly appreciated before I start switching out $500 parts only to find out it doesn't help! Thanks!!
GO HARD or GO HOME!!
Weeber

Re: 96 Club Car jerks

Postby 2006CC » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:44 am

I would guess solenoid I would take two led's with resistors one on each side of the main terminals if one led drops out solenoid is bad

Speed Code 5 (28mph)
Club Car IQ Data Reader
Two Speed Kit for Club Car IQ
Speed Sensor Repair
http://gaminde.net
2006CC

Postby Weeber » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated, but you will have to explain in detail your possible fix or troubleshoot is(I'm electrically illiterate to a point)
GO HARD or GO HOME!!
Weeber

Postby CARTFIXER1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 am

Its not the solenoid and that would be a very complicated one to check it.

96 car is going to a Vglide, and the chances are that the contacts are dirty, the moveable contact is pitted/worn out, or you have a bad resistor. In that order.
Owner-CARTFIXER in the Villages Florida. Want your golf car fixed correctly- have a golf car mechanic work on it.
CARTFIXER1

Postby Weeber » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks, I've cleaned the resistors but didn't check the moveable one for pitting, any way of checking resistors. Thanks again!
GO HARD or GO HOME!!
Weeber

Postby Weeber » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Checked v-glide again, everything seems fine. If a resistor was bad would it not just jerk when the movable arm passes over that contact? Also, I mentioned that when the cart is driven on bumpy terrain, that is when it jerks.Any more help would be appreciated, Thanks to everyone
GO HARD or GO HOME!!
Weeber

Return to Club Car Electric