Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

Flashing Amber Light

Flashing Amber Light

Postby Warlock » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:00 pm

I was using my 05 Precedent this week end and the Amber light flashed very brightly approx. every 30 sec., my battery are about 3 months old. The led battery indictor showed the batteries at 60% charged, with no loss of power. After charging for 7 hrs, and using it for about 1 1/2 hours the light did not return, but I assume there must be a problem. Any idea's? I did not have anything with me to check the voltage, but will go out this weekend with appropriate tools.
Warlock

Re: Flashing Amber Light

Postby shadowman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 pm

get yourself a voltage meter........as for the light it could be flashing you a code for something.........and than again sometimes they just act up...........but check your voltage make sure cable connections are clean and tight and keep an eye on things........if you find a battery thats not real close to the rest voltage wise you might want to have that one checked................................................. :cool:
Tom
if i didn,t like it so much i wouldn,t work on them.
shadowman

Postby Marcel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 am

If your batteries are 60%, the battery light is doing its job. I would plug the car in and let it charge - it might charge for the full 16 hours it is programed to. When you take batteries that far down - discharge - it is very hard on them. Keep in mind it is best for batteries to charge them after each outting
Marcel

Postby Amberjax » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:21 am

I have an 05' as well and I have the factory maint. and service manual and I can't seem to find when the battery light is supposed to come on. I can't seem to find a copy of the owner's manual anywhere incuding the Club Car website. Does anyone have a copy they can email me or at least tell me when or why the light comes on.

Thanks in advance.
Amberjax

Postby Marcel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 am

If all else fails, try your Club Car dealer, he may have one
Marcel

Postby outcast » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:32 pm

According to the Club Car Maintenance & Service Manual, the battery warning light will come on if 1) Battery no-load voltage drops below 48 volts 2)Batteries have discharged more than 75% of rated capacity 3)AC power is interrupted during the charge cycle 4) Charge time exceeds 16 hours. Sounds like it's working fine on your car.
outcast

Postby Warlock » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks for all your replys, I tested all batteries they all tested fine, between 12.39 and 12.44.

I also have not been able to fined a manual for this 05 cart, I will keep looking and post if I fine one.
Warlock

Return to Club Car Electric