Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

07 precedent, is it IQ?

Moderators: BU_CartGuy, Path Maker, Keyguy, Barry Wilson, BU Employees, Mods

07 precedent, is it IQ?

Postby Hardmix » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:25 pm

I bought a 07 Precendent today that has a 6" lift kit. The seller said it also has a upgraded "high speed" motor 48v that will go 23.5mph on 23" tires. I have heard that you can not tweak lifted precedents. Is that correct? If so, I will not be happy because I love tweaking speed out of my toys.
Would someone also explain the difference between a "Series" and IQ cart.

Thanks for looking.
Hardmix

presedent

Postby ltmoeller » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 pm

All presedents that are electric are I Q.The speed up grade on the controller to # 4 will get you to around 19.7 mph an a stock I Q.Those big tires will get you a little more but you loose some torque.You can upgrade the motor and controller.
Tom
ltmoeller

Postby Hardmix » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:29 am

Tks for the feedback Tom. I checked with BU, no upgraded controller or motor available for Precedent at this time. However, they are expecting a kit in the not too distant future.
Hardmix

Postby bmones » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:37 pm

Did you know that Club Car offers a motor/ controller upgrade.
bmones

Postby gadavis » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 pm

A Precedent cart has 4 speed options that can be programmed into the controller ranging from 8.xmph that they list as a commercial speed for warehouse(?) type transportation to 19.x mph that they call a private speed. These speeds can be set using the Club Car IQDM-P computerized code reader/programmer device avalable from Club Car and hooked into the under dash diagnostic port. Gene Davis
gadavis

Return to Club Car Electric