Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Troubleshooting Text Support

ezgo oil fill

ezgo oil fill

Postby rwatts » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:28 pm

i have a2001 ezgo gas twin cylinder could some one please tell me how much oil it holds and what type of filter and filter number and what would be the best type of oil to use
thanks for any info.
rwatts :shock:
rwatts

Postby Bob-0 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:32 pm

1.5 quarts of 10W-30 oil. As for the brand, just use your preffered brand, as long as you use 10W-30.

The oil filter is good for 10 years, per E-Z-GO's recommendation. They are expensive filters due to that fact, and great care was taken to ensure they meet those standards. So do not worry about changing the oil filter. Just use a shop towel to wipe any debris from the screen.

Use this thread for further help on routine maintainance:

http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/php ... hp?t=17360

Have a great one,
Bob
Commercial Pilot ASEL & AMEL; CFI-IA, AMEI
There is no level of skill so high that it cannot be overcome by sufficiently poor judgment
Bob-0

Postby Jim Diesel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Just wondering do you still use 1.5 quarts if the carted is lifted say with a 7" lift? Does anyone use synthetic?
Jim Diesel

Postby Bob-0 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Jim Diesel wrote:Just wondering do you still use 1.5 quarts if the carted is lifted say with a 7" lift? Does anyone use synthetic?

Hi Jim,

Yes, you still use 1.5 qts. The total capacity is 2.0 qts, but the last .5 is left for oil still in the system ect.... If you fill it with more than 1.5 qts, you will have overfilled the engine, and you'll know it :lol: . Less than 1.5 qts, and you risk not having enough oil by the pickup. At 7", you need to have the engine leveled out. It causes the engine to be tilted past 40degs, which is pretty much the max tilt you can have and still have enough oil by the pickup.

Bob
Commercial Pilot ASEL & AMEL; CFI-IA, AMEI
There is no level of skill so high that it cannot be overcome by sufficiently poor judgment
Bob-0

Postby Jim Diesel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 pm

I dont see how you would level the engine out?
Jim Diesel

Postby ezgomike » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:50 pm

The easiest way I've done it was to drop the front engine mount(where it's bolted to the frame crossmember). Make a bracket to drop the whole assembly a few inches. You have to keep the front pivot intact.

It MUST be able to pivot, and the rubber bushing must be able to slide front to back in it's slotted hole. Make sure the vertical bolt is not over tight, or it will bind. You should be able to easily turn the bolt with a short wrench.

When you lift the rear over 5 inches, you will be pulling the bolt all the way back in the slotted hole. If it binds, the crankcase will flex, and develop an oil leak at the crankcase end cover.
ezgomike

Postby cartmaster » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Mike, We just did a drop on our ST by bolting a short peice of 2" square box below the original chassis rail and moving the mount on to that! it took about 15 minutes! take a look at my post directed to bob and jon

Seeya
Colin,
cartmaster

Postby Martinalix » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 am

Hello
i will buy how much this cost?
Martinalix

Return to EZGO Gas